March 31, 2011

The Snowy Day

So here we are, it's March 31 in Northeast Ohio.  We got more snow last night and people are acting like it's the end of the world.  You live in Ohio - you know that we can get snow in April and May.  It's March, don't get your panties in a wad!

I just looked at it as a great opportunity to finally get some snow-covered tree pictures that I had been wanting to capture.  On the drive to Kindermusik, I wanted to stop along the side of the road no less than 15 times because the scenery was SO gorgeous along Route 261 and Middlebury in Kent.  Unfortunately, I had to get to work instead and so the only real time I had was 30 minutes before class started in the church parking lot in Kent, but cest la vie!  You get what you can get.  By the time classes were over, the snow had all melted so I'm happy that I at least captured a few trees in the parking lot!







4 comments:

Jennifer Matas said...

The 6th photo is my fav. You can almost see the outline of each flake. Amazing photos. Thanks for posting. I was in awe as I drove to work this morning. Just pure beauty.

Thad said...

Fantastic!

Dana Herro said...

Jennifer: Thanks! Yes, the wonders of a macro lens :) The drive in this morning was amazing. So much so that I wanted to play hooky, but couldn't disappoint all my students! Hhaha

Thad: Thank you! :)

Unknown said...

Very nice. You got them right. White balance with snow is difficult and you nailed it. Good work

Search

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP