March 18, 2013

Party of Five

Lauren and I have been friends since our oldest kids were about a year old.  Simone and her daughter Amelia were in the same Kindermusik class.  5 years later, they still loved to play and Lauren and I had begun enjoying some "kid free" lunches and coffee here and there when the kids were at school.

Imagine my surprise when I asked her to meet me for lunch one day and she replied with, "Umm...well...see..I'm sort of on modified bedrest for a little bit.  I'm pregnant with TWINS!"

What?? TWINS?? WHOOHOOO!!!!

On March 5 they welcomed two beautiful sons, making their "party of 3" a "party of 5"

Introducing Grant Allen ~ 7:56am ~ 6 lbs 7 oz
Introducing Owen Michael ~ 7:58am ~ 6 lbs 15 oz

In many ways they are your typical newborns.  They SLEEP.  A LOT.


They cry (not TOO much according to Mom and Dad)
They hang out with their happy, wonderful, and much bigger family!
They have a very proud and protective big sister who will teach them ALL the ropes!

They gaze lovingly at Mommy
Daddy too!

But with twins....there's more.  I've always loved the squishy features of newborns, their powdery baby smell, their softness, etc.  However, in no way was I prepared for double the heart melting.  With twins, you see the love and the chemistry BETWEEN them.  It was amazing.

They seem to always be touching at one or more places on their bodies.  Sometimes it's while sleeping
Or cuddling
Or plotting to take over the world together (or maybe how to steal Amelia's toys in about a year)
There's always someone to chew on if you get hungry for a mid-morning snack (this CRACKED ME UP)
And if your parents are going to dress you in silly outfits, at least you're not alone!?
Congratulations to your entire family!!  I was so happy to meet the newest members!

No comments:

Search

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP