October 23, 2011

My First Pub Crawl

It was gorgeous today!  I had plans to shoot my friends Jen, Mike, Nick and Abby.  Last year we had SUCH a hard time with this because we had to reschedule three times due to crappy weather.  See last year's post.  So this year, Jen texts me:
Jen: Take a look at Nick's face.  I think we may need to reschedule.  (Attached is a picture of Nick with one hell of a pavement burn mark on his chin)
Me: Hmmm....I'm pretty sure I can photoshop that out.
Jen: Well, Mike doesn't want to come out either because it's so nice out and he wants to finish some outdoor projects.
Me: Ok so we'll shoot the kids and a few with you and then we'll take 15 minutes another day and attempt a family picture when he has less on his plate?

Inside my head I'm going, "WE ARE NOT WASTING THIS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT DAY!  GET YOUR KIDS TO DOWNTOWN KENT OR ELSE!" Heehee!

So we met at the corner of Main and Franklin and I told Jen, "Ummm you don't have any problems shooting in front of bars do you?"  I figured Jen, being totally awesome like me, would think, "Hell no!  We gotta start them sometime right??"

So here we go...

Abby (age 6) and Nick (age 8) and their first Kent Pub Crawl!

First stop - The Zephyr.  I liked the colors in the background.


I'm pretty sure this was my favorite shot of the day!

What 6-year-old girl doesn't love to show off pretty fingernails??

Next we went over to The Loft

Nicks looks tough here!


Jen was on the lookout for some steps.  We only had to walk about 500 feet.  Hello Taco Tantos.  Thanks for the use of your steps.  I hear your food is pretty good too, but I've never tried it!




I really liked the look of the brick on The Venice Cafe so we stopped there for some closeups.



Onto BW3!


Although the Pufferbelly isn't really a "bar", we did take advantage of the old train car behind it.


Ok, so we got done with the pub crawl (I figured that 6 bars in 40 minutes was a good start for these two.  We may need to work them up to doing the whole crawl in a few years)...

Decided to head down under the main street bridge.  To get there we had to walk along the train tracks.  Now let me be clear.  I hate train track pictures.  I think they are so cliche and overdone lately.  Everyone and their mother has pictures of them and their kids walking along the train tracks.  I don't get it.  Do we let our kids walk along train tracks on a regular basis?  No....I just think it's weird.  However, since we had to walk along them to get to our next destination (I did not seek them out) I figured "What the hell" and had Jen sit down with her kiddos for one quick shot.

Who the heck sits on train tracks.....really.....???

Last ones are under the main street bridge.  This is a cool area and before the family got there, I saw no less than 4 other people shooting there.  Most of them had all sorts of lighting equipment which I don't have, so I'm sure they got great stuff!!



And one more....because who doesn't love a picture of their kids being goofy???



Thanks guys!!!  Had a blast with you and I'm so glad we didn't waste the amazing day due to chin booboos (Thank you clone stamp)  Mike - you have not escaped completely.  We will be coming to hunt you down for a family shot!

No comments:

Search

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP